Roundup / Glyphosate Herbicides
Defendants: Monsanto Canada ULC,
Bayer Inc., and
Summary: The most widely used herbicidal chemical, glyphosate, developed by Monsanto and primarily sold as Roundup, has been claimed to be linked with cancer and other health issues with prolonged exposure.
Guardian Law Group LLP has filed a Class Action lawsuit against the manufacturers of popular weed killer Roundup.
The Class Action is based on Roundup’s primary active ingredient, glyphosate. Evidence suggests that extended exposure to glyphosate can cause cancer in humans, most prominently non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, along with other suggested health risks.
Since its inception in 1970 by Monsanto, glyphosate has become the most widely-sold herbicidal ingredient in Canada.
Over the past few years many public health authorities have deemed glyphosate to be a likely harmful chemical, including but not limited to:
- The World Health Organization’s International Agency for Research on Cancer, which has called glyphosate “probably carcinogenic to humans”;
- The American Cancer Society has glyphosate on a list of “probable carcinogens”; and
- California’s Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment has added glyphosate to its list of potentially cancerous chemicals, now requiring products containing the chemical to come with a warning label.
In the United States, over 18,000 plaintiffs are currently active in lawsuits against the makers of Roundup, with thousands more launching cases every year. The bulk of these plaintiffs are farmers and those living in rural environments, although there are also many from urban environments whom have been exposed to the chemical for long periods of time, such as groundskeepers, gardeners and landscapers. To date, billions of dollars have been awarded to plaintiffs by American juries.
Thousands upon thousands of Canadians have had extended exposed to glyphosate believing the chemical to be safe for humans. Monsanto first introduced the world to glyphosate 47 years ago and Roundup’s manufacturers continues to claim, to this day, that there is no link between their products and cancer, despite the ever-increasing amount of evidence.
Remember, this isn’t just about the money, it’s also about providing proper incentives to companies like Monsanto to ensure they prioritize the health of Canadians.
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma and have been exposed to Roundup for a prolonged period, please fill out the form below to determine if you are a candidate for this Class Action. You may be entitled to substantial compensation.
- We will need your contact information to build your file. Any Supporting documentation will help this lawsuit.
- We will send you a copy of our contingency agreement for the class action with the appropriate information filled in.
- We’ll reach out to answer any questions and provide guidance on signing and notarizing the contract to become a class member.
- We’re going to fight for a fair settlement. We work on contingency and take a fee as a percentage, only if we win.
WE WILL CONTACT YOU
WE WILL FIGHT FOR YOU
High level of transparency and integrity. Top-notch customer service.” - Nancy B.
Highly recommend Jonathan Denis! the amazing firm, great people! He helped me get through a really tough part of my life, and I couldn't be more thankful for him.” - Stephanie R.
We rely on connections, resources, and past experiences to help our clients through difficult times.
We take the time to walk our clients through all steps in their process.
We will educate you and provide trainings to make sure you understand the entire process.