- Practice Areas
Prior to law school, Janelle worked for Correctional Service Canada and then the Calgary Police Service and also spent a summer working with the Lee County Public Defender’s Office in Florida. While working in various capacities Janelle has taken special training to better understand the unique circumstances involved with drug addictions, mental illnesses, and trauma from victimization. Janelle enjoys working with people from diverse backgrounds and has an interest in listening to people and helping them navigate their problems.
Janelle has taken an interest in Class Actions and co-authored the paper “A Class Action Primer”, which was presented at the American Justice Association’s conference in San Diego.
Janelle is a skilled legal researcher and problem solver. She has attended several law conferences throughout North America and likes staying up to date on new developments in civil litigation. She thoroughly enjoys getting to know clients and understanding their needs so that they can receive the best experience at Guardian Law Group LLP. In her spare time, Janelle enjoys walking her dog, practicing martial arts, and taking long road trips down south.
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice – Mount Royal University (2015)
- Juris Doctor (Expected 2021)
Date Called to Bar
- 2022 (Expected)
- Member, American Justice Association
- Member, Pro Bono Students Canada (PBSC)
- Past President, Runnymede Society, Saskatchewan Chapter
- American Justice Association, A Class Action Primer, 2019, Co-authored with Clint Docken, Q.C.
- Volunteer, Red Cross Cyber Bullying Project
- Volunteer, First Responder’s Suicide Awareness Conference
- Volunteer, International Humanitarian Law Conference
- Volunteer, Alberta Solicitor General and Public Security
- Volunteer, Calary YouthLink – Educating youth on gangs, drugs, and bullying
- Volunteer, Powerplay – Helping disadvantaged children skate
- Volunteer, Community Legal Assistance Services for Saskatoon Inner City (CLASSIC