- Practice Areas
"I promise to do my best for you and help you to resolve your issue."
Donna Gee was born in Calgary and grew up on a farm outside Banff. She is one of the few registered nurse-lawyers in Canada. Donna received her Bachelor of Nursing (1999) from Athabasca University and her Juris Doctorate (2004) from the University of Calgary Law School. After law school, she articled to senior family law and general practice firm where she worked as an associate for 5 years before founding the North Calgary Legal Centre in 2010 and then founding and managing the Guardian Law Group in 2016.
Prior to becoming a Registered Nurse, Donna worked for the Society of Management Accountants and developed her entrepreneurial and managerial skills over many years of involvement in business and the customer care industry. Donna’s knowledge of the health care system and her work with seniors and families provide her with a substantial knowledge base in applications of Elder Law, Family Law, Dependent Adult matters, and Estate matters, all of which are fields of law in which she is passionate.
In her spare time, Donna loves to learn, travel with her family, and go scuba diving in warm and sunny places.
- Advanced Diploma in Conflict Resolution/Negotiation (2005) – Mount Royal University
- Juris Doctorate (2004) – the University of Calgary, Faculty of Law
- Bachelor of Nursing (1999) – Athabasca University
Date Called to Bar
- September 2005 (Alberta)
- Elder Law
- Adult Guardianship & Trusteeship
- Wills & Trusts
- Estate Planning
- Probate & Estate Administration
- Mental Capacity Issues
- Civil Litigation
- Family Law
- Notaries & Commissioners
- Past President – Alberta Association of Registered Nurses in Private Practice (AARNIPP)
- Alberta Arbitration and Mediation Society
- Past President – Canadian Bar Association, National Elder Law Section
- Past Co-Chair – Canadian Bar Association, Alberta South Section
- Provincial Court and Calgary Community Mediation Services
Past Treasurer – Kerby Centre
Outreach program for Seniors Homes
Past President – Arbour Lake Community Association
Courses Taught / Publications
Legal Education Society of Alberta, “Drafting Your First Will”, November 2015
Alberta Health Services, Connect Family and Sexual Abuse Network, 2010
Canadian Research Institute for Law and the Family (University of Calgary), “Evaluation of Calgary’s Dispute Resolution Officer Pilot Project”, and “Edmonton’s Child Support Resolution Pilot Project,” 2002 – 2004
LinkedIn, series of commentaries re: Testamentary Capacity, 2015 – present