Alex was born and raised in Thunder Bay, Ontario where he went to Lakehead University, obtaining an Honours Bachelor Degree in Sociology, making the Dean’s list each year.
Alex moved to Calgary with his wife, Sanna, in 2018 to pursue a law degree at The University of Calgary. During his time there, he was actively volunteering with Student Legal Assistance, gaining valuable experience representing clients on various matters. Alex spent the summer of 2020 as a research assistant for a Professor at the University of Calgary’s Faculty of Law, further honing his outstanding research skills.
Alex and his wife enjoy living in Calgary and plan to stay indefinitely. They have two cats and an Australian Cattle Dog, all of which are rescues.
During his free time, Alex enjoys snowboarding, hiking with his dog, Mallie, watching sports, and cooking.
- Juris Doctorate - University of Calgary (2021)
- Bachelor of Arts, Sociology (Honours) - Lakehead University, Thunder Bay Ontario (2017)
Date Called to Bar
- Spring/Summer 2022 (Expected)
Awards / Recognitions / Accomplishments / Significant Past-Projects
- Outstanding Graduating Student Award (2017) – Canadian Sociological Association.
- Winner of the Alberta Law Review’s “2020 William Morrow Essay Contest” in the category “Administration of Justice in the North”.
- Director – The Calgary Finlandia Cultural Association.
- Student Legal Assistance (in law school)